The Cambridge University Wine Society (CUWS) holds a number of tastings each term. We aim to bring you wines from all over the world and cater to lovers of everything from port to champagne.
Whether you’re an experienced taster who wishes to add to your knowledge or a complete beginner who would like to know more about wine that can be read from the back of a bottle, we have plenty to offer you.
The majority of tastings are conducted by region and will include a range of wines from the inexpensive to the vintage. Tastings are usually hosted by experts or winemakers themselves.
The highlight of our calendar is the Annual Dinner, an exquisite meal served with a series of excellent wines. This is traditionally held in the Lent term. Other annual events include the summer term’s Garden Party and the Christmas Dinner.
Stay in touch
Become a member
Membership is open to all members of the University and the general public at the discretion of the CUWS executive committee.
Member benefits include:
- Priority booking for all CUWS events
- A range of discounts with our partners with your CUWS membership card
– Up to 40% off selected Decanter wine events (voucher codes sent out via the CUWS mailing list).
– 10% discount at Cambridge Wine Merchants for wines purchased in stores
– 10% discount at Thirsty Cambridge
– 10% discount at Noel Young Wines for wines purchased in the shop
– 10% discount at Grape Britannia for wines purchased in the shop
– 15% discount on orders over £45 from Thorne Wines, including free delivery for members within the Cambridge delivery zone (contact the Membership Officer for the code)
Sponsors and partners